My goal for the next academic year will be at least one roundup post each semester. But for now, a summer update. I have updated all of the pages on the site (linked from the tabs above) in the last week or so!
Several members of the group are visiting other places this summer:
- Abdallah Abdallah is starting a six-month internship at Intel in Santa Clara, California in July.
- Uchenna Anyanwu is spending another summer working with Luiz DaSilva and Linda Doyle at CTVR in Trinity College Dublin, Ireland. He is work on the implementation of medium access control in the IRIS software radio framework using the new USRP Embedded (E100) hardware.
- Frank Bieberly is working on a summer internship at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.
In addition, we have a couple of undergraduates working with our group in Blacksburg this summer:
- Kevin Burns is a rising Senior in Computer Engineering at Virginia Tech. He is working on an external control interface for the FINS Framework.
- Mark Hutcheson is a rising Junior in Computer Engineering at Virginia Tech. He is working on ICMP and TCP modules for the FINS Framework.
Two new graduate students will join the group in the Fall. More to come!