A better-late-than-never update from Summer 2010.
Several members of the group visited other places this summer:
- Uchenna Anyanwu spent the summer working with Luiz DaSilva and Linda Doyle at CTVR in Trinity College Dublin, Ireland. He worked on the implementation of medium access control in the IRIS software radio platform.
- Amr Hilal had a summer internship with Google.
- Ryan Irwin had a summer internship with Raytheon/BBN Technologies.
- Yongsheng Shi had a summer internship with Qualcomm.
In addition, we have several visitors to our group in Blacksburg this summer:
- David Moura is a Ph.D. student at the Military Institute of Engineering (Instituto Militar de Engenharia) in Brazil and was a visiting scholar with us for the summer. He worked on game theoretic modeling of self coexistence in wireless systems.
- Alex Barteau is an undergraduate student at Bucknell University who participated in a summer research experience with us. He worked on UDP and ICMP modules for the FINS Framework.
- Rado Petrik is an undergraduate student at Copenhagen University College of Engineering (Ingeniørhøjskolen i København) in Denmark and was an exchange student at Virginia Tech last semester. He also participated in a summer research experience with us, working on IP and TCP modules for the FINS Framework.
And, we have one new group member that joined this summer:
- Frank Bieberly has been working on heterogeneous computing in GNU Radio, using the DSP on a Beagle Board. Frank earned his B.S. from Northwestern University and then spent five years in the US Navy.